TCS Placement Papers 2014 Question Papers and Screening Test
The Tata Consultancy Services conducts the screening tests for all the candidates in different engineering jobs through On-Campus Drives scheduled to be held at some of the top engineering university /colleges in India. The fresh engineering graduates who are preparing for the placement exams conducted by the Tata Consultancy Services can go through the pattern of questions asked in the exam through the company selection authorities in the Interview as well as written exams from here below.
Selection /Screening Exams:
The Tata Consultancy Services conducts the campus selections and placements from some of the top B-Schools and Engineering Colleges in India. The main tests that are held every year for short listing candidates include the following:
i) Written Exam
ii) Technical Interview and
iii) HR Interview respectively
Paper Pattern for Written Exam:
The Written Exam organized by TCS is an objective type paper based on MCQs on questions basically testing the mental/ reasoning abilities as well as numerical abilities of the examinee. Some of the basic questions asked in the exam include the following:
1. Mean of three numbers is 10 times more than the least of the numbers and 15 times less than greatest of the three numbers is five. Find the sum of the three numbers.
2. In a particular year, the month of January has exactly 4 Thursdays and 4 Sundays. On which day of the week did January 1st occur in the year?
3. A leap year it is and what is the probability of getting 53 Sundays?
4. Saving = income- expenditure If Income is in the ratio 1:2:3 and expenditure is in the ratio 3:2:1 let persons income and expenditure be a, b, c…Find their savings in the increasing order.
5.60% of male in a town and 70% of female in a town are eligible to vote. Out of which 70% of male and 60% of female who are eligible to vote for candidate A. What is the value of votes in % did A get?
6. A, E, F and G ran in a race. A said “I did not finish Ist /IVth”. E said “I did not finish IVth”. F said “I finished Ist. G said “I finished IVth”. If there were no ties and exactly three children told the truth, then who finishes fourth.
7. In a G6 summit held at London. A French, a German, an Italian, a British, a Spanish, a Polish Diplomat represent their respective countries.
i) Polish sits immediately next to Italian, British or both
ii) French does not sit immediately next to Italian
iii) German sits immediately next to Italian, British or both
iv) If Spanish sits immediately next to polish, Spanish does not sit immediately next to Italian
Which of the following does not violate the stated conditions?
8. In an office, at various times during the day the boss gives the secretary a letter to type, each time putting the letter on top of the pile in the secretary’s inbox. Secretary takes the top letter and types it. Boss delivers in the order 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 which cannot be the order in which secretary types?
a) 2, 4, 3, 5, 1
b) 4, 5, 2, 3, 1
c) 3, 2, 4, 1, 5
d) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9. Paul started from home with his bicycle travelling 6 km/hr at 12:00 pm and John started at 13:30 travelling 9 km/hr. At what time John will be 3 km ahead of Paul?
10. A number (exactly not is a four digit number started with 7) is given 9393 should be added to it so that it must be divided by 12, 24, 32, 54.
Paper Pattern for Technical Interview:
The Technical Interview is based on concept based questions from the qualifying degree of the engineering courses in which the candidate is enrolled. It also covers the questions from the field for which job application has been made by the candidate.
1. Define Artificial Intelligence
2. What is the difference between the DBMS and RDBMS?
3. What is Truncate?
4. Name few latest Technologies?
5. What is the difference between C, C++ and JAVA languages?
Paper Pattern for HR Interviews:
The HR Interview is the last and the final stage of selection for candidates. Hence, under this round of interview, the main questions asked by the interviewer include the general awareness of the candidate on the company i.e. TCS and the basic questions about the applicant like about the strengths and the weaknesses of him/ her and the knowledge about his interest in the particular job profile.
For more updates on the latest questions and paper pattern of TCS Campus Drives, the candidates can follow the official website link as given below.