(1) 12% of 550+ ?% of 320 = 82
(a) 6 (b) 8 (c) 5
(d) 9 (e) None of these
(2) In an examination it is required to get 40% of the aggregate marks to pass. A student gets 265 marks and is declared failed by 55 marks. What is the maximum aggregate marks a student can get?
(a) 800 (b) 750 (c) 650 (d) Cannot be determined (e) None of these
(3) 64% of (?) – 96% 1120 = 499.2
(a) 2600 (b) 2540 (c) 2460
(d) 2280 (e) None of these
(4) A …………….. is a device that not only provides surge protection, but also furnishes your computer with battery backup power during a power outage.
(a) Surge strip (b) USB (c) UPS
(d) battery strip (e) None of these
(5) A monkey ascends a greased pole 12 meters high. He ascends 2 meters in the first minutes and slips down 1 meters in the next minutes and so on. In which minutes does it he reaches the top?
(a) 21st (b) 22nd
(c) 23rd (d) 24th (e) none of these
(6) A man covers a certain distance on a scooter. If the scooter moved 4 km/hr faster it would take 30 minutes less. If it moved 2 km/hr slower, it would have taken 20 minutes more. Find the distance.
(a) 60 km (b) 58 km
(c) 55 km (d) 50 km (e) None of these
(7) R and S start walking towards each other at 10 AM. at the speeds of 3 km/h and 4 km/h respectively. They were initially 17.5km apart. At what time do they meet?
(a) 2:30 PM (b) 11:30 AM
(c) 1:30 PM (d) 12:30 PM (e) None of these
(8) In a 800 m race around a stadium having the circumference of 200m, the top runner, meets the last runner on the5th minutes of the race. If the top runner runs at twice the speed of the last runner, what is the time taken by the top runner to finish the race?
(a) 20 MIN (b) 15 MIN
(c) 10 MIN (d) 5 MIN (e) None of these
(9) A boat running downstream covers a distance of 16 km in 2 hours while for covering the same distance upstream it takes 4 hours , What is the speed of the boat in still water?
(a) 4 km/h (b) 6 km/h
(c) 8 km/h (d) Data inadequate (e) None of these
(10) If a memory chip is volatile, it will …………………..
(a) explode if exposed to high temperatures (b) Lose its contents if power to it is turned off
(c) be used for data storage only (d) be used to both read and write data (e) None of these
(11) Input, Output, and processing devices grouped together represent a(n) …………………………
(a) mobile device (b) information processing cycle
(c) circuit board (d) computer system (e) None of these
(12) Which of the following system components is the brain of the computer?
(a) Circuit board (b) CPU (c) Memory
(d) Network card (e) None of these
(13) This component is required to process data into information and consists of integrated circuits.
(a) Hard disk (b) RAM (c) CPU
(d) ROM (e) None of these
(14) Computers manipulate data in many ways, and this manipulation is called……………….
(a) utilizing (b) batching (c) upgrading
(d) processing (e) None of these
(15) ………………. Is the result produced by a computer.
(a) Data (b) Memory
(c) Output (d) Input (e) None of these
Answer : (1) C (2) A (3) C (4) C (5) A (6) A (7) B (8) D (9) C (10) B (11) D (12) B (13) C (14) D (15) C