(1) The total number of boys in a school is 24% more than the total number of girls in the school. What is the respective ratio of the total number of boys to the total number of the girls in the school?
(a) 25:31 (b) 21:25 (c) 91:21
(d) Cannot be determined (e) None of these
(2) The difference between 58% of a number and 37% of the same number is 399. What is 72% of that number?
(a) 1913 (b) 1330 (c) 1425
(d) 1368 (e) None of these
(3) In an examination it is required to get 296 of the total maximum aggregate marks to pass. A student gets 259 marks and is declared failed .The difference of marks obtained by the student and that required to pass is 5%.What are the maximum aggregate marks a student can get ?
(a) 690 (b) 780 (c)740 (d) Cannot be determined (e) None of these
(4) What is value of 15% of 3342 ?
(a) 4869 (b) 5013 (c) 5163 (d) 5019 (e) None of these
(5) The difference between 58% of a number and 28% of the same number is 225. What is 38% of that number?
(a) 292.50 (b) 285 (c)281.120
(d) 300 (e) None of these
(6) The central processing unit contains which of the following as a component?
(a) Memory Regulation Unit (b) Flow Control (c) Instruction Manipulation Unit
(d) Arithmetic Logic Unit (e) None of these
(7) Memory units is one part of the ………………..
(a) Control unit (b) Central Processing Unit
(c) Input device (d) Instruction Manipulation (e) None of these
(8) Character of information is represented by a(n) ……………….
(a) byte (b) bit (c) field (d) attribute (e) None of these
(9) Which device is used as the standard pointing device in a Graphical User Environment?
(a) Keyboard (b) Mouse (c) Joystick (d) Track ball (e) None of these
(10) The simultaneous execution of two or more instructions is called.
(a) sequential (b) reduced instruction set computing (c) Multiprocessing
(d) disk mirroring (e) None of the these
(11) Multiprogramming systems…………………..
(a) Are easier to develop than single programming systems
(b) execute each job faster (c) Execute more jobs in the same time period
(d) Use only one large mainframe computer (e) None of these
(12) Which device can understand the difference between data and programs?
(a) Input device (b) Output device (c) Memory (d) Microprocessor (e) None of these
(13) Which of the following devices have a limitation that we can only read it but cannot erase or modify it?
(a) Tape Drive (b) Hard Disk (c) Compact Disk
(d) Floppy Disk (e) None of these
(14) Which of the following is not an output device?
(a) Plotter (b) Printer (c) Monitor (d) Mouse (e) None of these
(15) Data that is copied from an application is stored in the ………………
(a) Driver (b) Clipboard (c) Monitor
(d) Mouse (e) None of these
Answer : (1) B (2) D (3) C (4) B (5) B (6) C (7) B (8) A (9) B (10) C (11) C (12) D (13) E (14) D (15) B