IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Date 2014 Admission Details
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will be organizing the entrance exam for the admission of candidates in the Bachelor of Education course program for the current session 2014-15. The Bachelor of Education course is provided for study in the School of Education of the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The school also provides admission in the following streams: Distance Education, Educational Technology, Adult Technology, and Adult Education respectively.
1. PhD in Education
2. MA in Education
3. BA in Education
4. PGDHE (PG Diploma in Higher Education)
5. PGDSLM (PG Diploma in School Leadership and Management)
6. PGCPDT (PG Certificate in Professional Development of Teachers)
7. PGDET (PG Diploma in Educational Technology)
8. PGDEMA (PG Diploma in Educational Management and Administration)
9. DEEd (Diploma in Elementary Education)
10. CIG (Certificate in Guidance)
11. CETE (Certificate in Elementary Teacher Education)
12. PGDPPED (Post Graduate Diploma in Pre Primary Education)
13. Master of Philosophy in Education
B.Ed Admission Details 2014:
The IGNOU provides admission to its Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course through an entrance exam scheduled to be held usually in the months of August every year. The candidates can participate in the concerned entrance exam subject to their eligibility and educational qualifications as required for this purpose. The admit cards for the exam are made available at least ten days before the date of conduct of examination. The final selection of the candidates is entirely based on the ranks and merit obtained by the candidates in the concerned entrance exam. The entrance exam is conducted all over India by the regional university study centres.
Eligibility for B.Ed 2014:
The candidates should fulfill the minimum eligibility conditions as stated below.
1. Bachelor or Masters in the concerned discipline with a minimum of 50% marks
2. Teaching Experience of a minimum of two years duration on a permanent /temporary basis as teachers in the primary/ graduation/ post graduation levels. The candidate should have completed the two years in teaching on the date of submitting the applications
3. There will be reservations provided for the reserved candidates as per the rules and regulations as framed for this purpose by the Directorate of Education
4. The candidates belonging to the concerned region should submit the application forms at the respective regional study centres of the university
Scheme of Course:
The Bachelor of Education course of the IGNOU is a 56 Credit Course divided into the following four groups:
Group A- Core Courses
Group B- Content –based Methodology Courses
Group C- Special Courses
Group D- Practical Courses
Number of Seats: 100
Course Fee: Rs.20, 000
Duration of Course: Minimum is two years and Maximum is four years.
The candidates should download their B.Ed course Prospectus and application forms at ignou.ac.in. The fee for application is Rs.1000+ 500 (cost of prospectus) payable through Demand Drafts/ Indian Postal Orders drawn in favor of the IGNOU Regional Study Centres by registered post for all the candidates.
For more details on the IGNOU B.Ed Exam Date 2014, click here