Courses under IGNOU 2014 List of Courses in University
The IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) offers admission in the university programmes through regular as well as distance modes for all the eligible candidates. The university is one of the leading universities providing education in the open school system to the candidates studying under it. The university provides higher education in all the major disciplines including the following: Science, Arts, Commerce, Management and Engineering/Technology and other inter-disciplinary subjects. Given below is the list of courses as made available under the university departments and schools.
List of Courses under IGNOU:
1. Certificate Courses: 111 Courses (Certificate in Disaster Management, Certificate in Early Childhood Special Education, Certificate in Business Skills, Certificate in Elementary Education, Certificate in Food & Nutrition, Certificate in Health & Environment, Certificate in Women Empowerment etc.)
2. Diploma Courses: 41 Courses (Diploma in Watershed Management, Diploma in Tourism Studies, Diploma in Foreign Languages, Diploma in Entrepreneurship & Skill Development, Diploma in Elementary Education, Diploma in Creative Writing in English, Diploma in Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Diploma in Management etc.)
3. PG and Advanced Diploma Courses: 89 Courses (PG Diploma in Rural Development, PG Diploma in Social Work, PG Diploma in Psychology, PG Diploma in Tribal Arts and Culture, PG Diploma in Information Security, PG Diploma in Sustainability Management, PG Diploma in Special Education etc.)
4. Bachelor Degree Courses: 55 Courses ( Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Science Mathematics, Bachelor of Science Physics, Bachelor of Science Chemistry, Bachelor of Computer Applications, Bachelor of Technology, Bachelor in Special Education, Bachelor of Science Nursing, Bachelor of Psychology, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Education etc.)
5. Masters Degree Courses: 92 Courses (Masters of Translation Studies, Masters of Arts, Masters of Library & Information Science, Masters of Performing Arts, Masters of Commerce & Management, Masters of Science, Masters of Intellectual Property law, Masters of Vedic Studies and Masters of Special Education etc.)
6. Doctoral Degree Courses: 50 Courses (PhD in Arabic/ French, PhD in Social Work, PhD in Public Administration, J PhD in Journalism & Mass Communication, PhD in Rural Development, PhD in Tourism Studies, PhD in Translation Studies, PhD in English, PhD in Computer & Information Sciences, PhD in Commerce, PhD in Agriculture Extension, PhD in Child Development, PhD in Women’s Studies, PhD in food & nutrition etc.
7. Non Credit Courses in Motor Cycle Service & Repair and
8. Other Awareness Courses for all the students
These are some of the main courses available under the IGNOU Course Curriculum. The candidates can avail these courses in the regular as well as distance modes for the students depending upon the course structure and teaching modes.
Apart from this, the candidates also have the facility to avail online courses for their studies provided they have the requisite eligibility to enroll in that particular course programme. The candidates in order to get the details of eligibility and enrollment procedure must go through the links as given below.