(1) Farah got married 8 years ago. Today her age is 1 times her age at the time of her marriage. At present her daughter’s age is one- sixth of her age. What was her daughter’s age 3 years ago?
(a) 6 years (b) 2 years (c) 3 years (d) Cannot be determined (e) None of these
(2) Swapnil, Aakash and Vinay begin to fog around a circular stadium. They complete one lap in 36 seconds, 48 seconds, and 42 seconds respectively. After how many seconds will they be together at the starting point?
(a) 504 seconds (b) 940 seconds (c) 1008 seconds
(d) 470 second determined (e) None of these
(3) A,B,C,D and E are five consecutive odd numbers. The sum of A and C is 146. What is the value of E.
(a) 75 (b) 81 (c) 71 (d)79 (e) None of these
(4) The product of two consecutive even numbers is 582168. Which is the smaller number ?
(a) 760 (b) 762 (c) 7640 (d)766 (e) 756
(5) Software applies ___________ also called algorithms, to process data.
(a) arithmetic (b)procedure
(c) objects (d) rules (e) None of these
(6) A file extension is separated from the main filename with :
(a) question mark (b) exclamatory mark
(c) underscore (d) period (e) None of these
(7) An adhoc query is a ______________
(a) pre-planned question (b) pre-scheduled question
(c) spure –of – the moment question (d) question that will not return any result
(e) None of these
(8) The desktop contain small graphic called __________
(a) windows (b) logos
(c) icons (d) picture (e) None of these
(9) C, BASIC, COBOL, and java are example of _________________
(a) Low- level (b) computer
(c) system programming (d) high- level (e) None of these
(10) Application software is designed to accomplish ________________.
(a) real world task (b) computer centric task
(c) gaming tasks (d) operating system tasks (e) None of these
(11) Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 15 and 12 hours respectively. Pipe B alone is kept open for of the time and both pipes are kept open for the remaining time. In how many hours will the tank will be full ?
(a) 18 h (b) 20 h (c) 10 h (d) 13.5 h (e) None of these
(12) Suresh can finish a piece of work by himself in 42 days, Mahesh , Who is time more efficient as Suresh, requires X days to finish the work if working all by himself . Then What is the value of X.
(a) 25 days (b) 30 days (c) 35 days
(d) 20 days (e) None of these
(13) If 6 men and 8 boys can do a piece of work in 10 days while 26 men and 48 boys can do the same in 2 days, the time taken by 15 men and 20 boys in doing the same work will be:
(a) 30 days (b) 15 days (c) 45days
(d) 24 days (e) None of these
(14) 12 men complete a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days , 6 more men join them, How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
(a) 4 days (b) 5 days (c) 6 days
(d) 7 days (e) None of these
(15) When creating a computer program, the ________ designs the structure of the program.
(a) End user (b) System Analyst (c) Programmer
(d) All of the above (e) None of these
Answer : (1) C (2) C (3) D (4) B (5) B (6) D (7) C (8) C (9) D (10) A (11) C (12) C (13) A (14) A (15) B