Welcome to About CSAT 2012: Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) Syllabus 2013 section.
Here at sarkariexam.com we are dedicated to provide you all the details regarding CSAT 2012: Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) Syllabus.
We will be publishing all the latest information like eligibility criteria, age limit, selection procedure and many more which are required for UPSC CSAT 2012-Civil Services exam 2012.
CSAT 2012 (Civil Service Aptitude Test) is the proposed exam to replace IAS Preliminary exam. The new syllabus and the subjects were officially announced on 18th October. The new exam pattern replaces the optional subjects with Common Aptitude paper. However in the official notice the name Civil services Preliminary was retained instead of proposed CSAT.
Syllabus for CSAT 2012
The Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) 2011 would consists of Paper I and Paper II
(Paper 1 – General Studies*) (200 marks) – Duration: Two hrs.
• Current events of national and international importance
• History of India and Indian national movement
• Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
• Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
• Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
• General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change – that do not require subject specialization
• General science.
(Paper II – Common Aptitude Test*) (200 marks) – Duration: Two hrs
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision making and problem solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
• English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
Civil Services Examination is one of the most Prestigious Exams of the Country conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to the administrative services of the Indian government, including Indian Administrative Services, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Revenue Service, Indian Police Service and Indian Postal Service
Candidates can also get latest information regarding UPSC CSAT Notifications directly into their Mail Box by Subscribing to our Job Updates by Email service.
We keep updating all the latest UPSC CSAT details here so please Bookmark this page using Control+D.