UP TET Cutoff Marks 2014 Details for Cut off marks & merit
The Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board conducts every year the TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) for selecting and recruiting teachers in the primary and upper primary level schools of the state. The exam is organized and conducted by the Board in the month of February/ March while the results for the same are available by March end. The exam for this year was held on 22nd and 23rd February 2014.
The applicants in order to qualify in the Teacher Eligibility Test must have obtained at least 60% marks in both the papers for getting recruited in the upper primary level schools while the same qualifies for the primary level schools as well, however, for this paper 1 marks will be evaluated. The applicants who score above 60% and get their names in the merit list prepared district wise by the Board shall be considered for final recruitments. The applicants can find their individual marks as well as collective marks from the marks list made available online at the Board website for this purpose.
Criteria for deciding cut off marks of UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test):
1) The UPTET Cut off Mark is basically fixed for qualifying in the exam as 55% or 82 Marks for all the SC/ ST candidates and 60% or 150 Marks for all the General Candidates respectively.
2) The cut off in merit list prepared shall depend on the highest marks obtained by the applicants over and above the fixed cut off marks.
3) This shall be decided district wise for all the applicants through separate merit lists prepared for this purpose.
4) The previous years’ cut off marks also play a major role in deciding the merit wise cut off marks.
5) Lastly, the level of questions asked in the exam and available seats as compared to the number of applicants also affect the decision behind this.
To get your mark wise results & merit lists for UP TET 2014, Click here