University of Mumbai Admission Form 2016-17
The University of Mumbai, once known as University of Bombay is one of the most ancient and leading Universities of the country. Founded in 1857, as the outcome of “Wood’s Education Dispatch”, it is among the earliest 3 Indian Universities. The name of the University was modified from “University of Bombay” to “University of Mumbai” on 4th September, 1996 as a consequence of the modification in the name of the city from Bombay to Mumbai.
The University of Mumbai, invites applications from aspiring students from all over the world for admissions in regular Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses in a variety of streams at the University departments, authorized institutions and affiliated colleges for the new academic session (2016-17). The University will issue the official admission advertisement and application links on mum.digitaluniversity.ac, most probably in the months of March-April as academic year will be starting from June, 2014. The main faculties under which numerous programmes are offered here are listed below:
-Faculty of Fine Art
-Faculty of Technology
-Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL)
-Garware Institute of Career Education and Development
-Faculty of Arts
-Faculty of Commerce
-Faculty of Science
-Faculty of Law
The admission of students in the new academic session will totally be based on their merit in the Entrance Examination held by the Mumbai University. Eligible applicants will be shortlisted and will be called further for counseling purpose. Students, who do not crack this Admission Exam, will not be permitted for admission in the University.
Criteria for Eligibility
|5 Years’ Integrated Courses||Intermediate (10+2 pattern) under The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or equivalent.|
|Masters’ Courses||Bachelors Degree from Mumbai University or any other equivalent University.|
|Bachelors Courses||Intermediate (10+2 pattern) under The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or equivalent with English and any one Modern Indian/ Foreign Language or IT as compulsory subjects.|
How to Apply Online:
1. Log on to mum.digitaluniversity.ac and select the link for “Pre- Admission Online Registration” provided on upper right corner of the home page.
2. Read all the details available on this page cautiously and then click on “Apply Online”.
3. Register yourselves by entering your authentic details in the relevant fields and click on “Register”. You will receive a verification code and a link on your mobile through SMS in some time.
4. Log in with your verification code, enter all the specific particulars on the online application form and submit it.
5. Upload a scanned copy of your recent passport size photo and signature and then take a print out of the completed form and keep it carefully for further use.