T S Chanakya Admission 2014 Details of Admission Process, Eligibility & Courses
The TS Chanakya is the Mumbai campus of the Indian Maritime University (IMU). The TS Chanakya was brought into existence on 5th April 1993 for providing training to the cadets of merchant navy in the fire fighting or advanced fire fighting respectively. The university is known for its specialized courses in the following: Global Maritime Distress and Safety System, Elementary First Aid, Personnel Safety and Social Responsibility and Personal Survival Techniques respectively. The university offers admission through the IMU CET (Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test) conducted for this purpose.
1. Diploma in Nautical Science -1 Year
2. B.Sc (Nautical Science) – 3 Years
3. AFF (Advance Fire Fighting)
4. FPFF (Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting)
5. GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System) respectively
Eligibility for Exam:
The applicants in order to enroll themselves in the TS Chanakya courses should be at least intermediate/ Class 12th passed in the following main subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English with a minimum of 60% marks obtained in the concerned qualifying exam. Students who are B.Sc degree holders, the minimum qualifying marks should be for Intermediate in PCM Group of subjects is 55% marks respectively.
The minimum qualifying age of the applicants are 23 years and 22 years respectively for B.Sc degree holders and B.Tech/ BE degree holders respectively.
Application Forms for TS Chanakya:
The application forms can be availed online from the Syndicate Bank Branches of the following zones:
1) North Zone (Lucknow Main/ Meerut/ New Delhi/ Patiala/ Varanasi/ Amritsar/ Allahabad/ Bargilly/ Chandigarh/ Dehradun/ Gurgaon/ Kanpur)
2) West Zone (Jaipur/ Nagpur/ Pune/ Thane/ Udaipur/ Ahmadabad/ Bhilai/ Bhopal/ Mumbai/ Gwalior/ Indore)
3) South Zone (Chennai/ Kochi/ Anantapur/ Bangalore)
4) East Zone (Kolkata/ Dhanbad/ Jamshedpur/ Muzaffarpur/ Port Blair/ Patna/ Ranchi/ Rourkela/ Bokaro Steel City/ Bhubaneswar)
Cost of Application Form: Rs 1000 (for General Candidates/ OBC Candidates) and Rs. 800 (for SC/ST Candidates)
Manner of Payment:
The candidates can pay the application fee through the bank Challans of the following Banks: AXIS Bank/ State Bank of India/ Indian Bank respectively.
The applicants can download the online Brochure/ Prospectus and application forms from the Download Section of the website for applying online for the Bachelor of Science (Nautical Sciences) and DNS courses respectively.
The completed application forms should be mailed at the address mentioned here below:
Navi Mumbai- 400706