NIRMA University Admissions 2014 Details of Courses & Process of Application
The NIRMA University is established under the Nirma Education and Research Foundation in the year 1994 for providing higher education in the following disciplines: technology, engineering, business, pharmacy and sciences respectively. The university is well known for some of its to institutes and b-schools namely: Institute of Technology, Institute of Management, Institute of Diploma Studies, Institute of Pharmacy, Institute of Science and Institute of Law respectively. The university is recognized under the Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act.
Courses Offered by NIRMA University:
The university courses are available under both UG & PG levels. The candidates wishing to continue their studies even after masters can pursue education in doctoral degree programmes for this purpose. The main courses provided by the university are given below.
1. Institute of Technology: B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA, PhD (Engg.)
2. Institute of Diploma Studies: Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication / Computer Sciences / Information Technology
3. Institute of Pharmacy: B.Pharma, M.Pharma, PhD
4. Institute of Law: LLM, PhD in Law
5. Instiute of Sciences: M.Sc., PhD
1.B.tech Course: The candidates should appear in the JEE (Mains) exam held for the current session along with 10+2 in PCM Group with the minimum percentage of marks as prescribed by the Gujarat Government for this purpose.
Stream available: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics & Humanities
2. Diploma in Engineering: 10+2 from Gujarat Board or any other equivalent Board
3. M.Pharma: Marks obtained in the qualifying exam and GPAT qualified candidates will be admitted in the following streams: Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Phytopharmaceuticals & Natural Products, Drug Discovery and Clinical Pharmacy respectively
4. LLM (Business Law): Marks secured in the Entrance Test and Interview respectively held for all the law graduates from colleges/ university recognized by the Bar Council of India with at least 55% marks in the qualifying degree for this purpose.
5.M.Sc. (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology): The candidates should be having a Bachelors degree in Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Botany/ Zoology/ Microbiology/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Agricultural & Veterinary Sciences/ Medicine (MBBS)/ BHMS/ BAMS/ any other equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks for this purpose.
The candidates who wish to enroll themselves in the NIRMA University courses will have to download the admission forms as made available online at the website of the university i.e. nirmauni.ac.in and send it to the concerned Institute of NIRMA University along with the Demand Draft of the amount of admission fee drawn in favor of the concerned authority for this purpose.
For more details on the NIRMA University Admissions, use the following Contact Details:
Institute of Law, Nirma University
Sarkhej- Gandhinagar Highway, Ahemadabad- 382 481