Maharashtra Agricultural University Admission 2015 Details of Courses, Eligibility and Selection
The Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education and Research Pune is the main authority for deciding rules and regulations pertaining to the admissions of students in the Maharashtra Agricultural Universities (Krishi Vidyapeeth) as per the Section 12 of Act 1983. The candidates in order to take admissions under different courses of the Maharashtra Agricultural Universities should possess the required educational eligibility needed for this purpose. There are several agricultural state universities that provide admissions in different courses both at the under graduate as well as post graduate levels.
The admissions are basically done on the basis of an entrance exam which is held commonly for all the universities offering admissions. The candidates are provided admissions as per the 50:50 quota for Maharashtra State Seats and University Area Seats respectively in case of Post Graduate courses whereas 30: 70 in case of Under Graduate Courses respectively.
Participating University & Colleges:
1. Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri
2. Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola
3. Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Parbhani and
4. Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Dapoli
Courses for Admissions:
I. Under Graduate Course
1. Bachelor of Science (Agriculture)
Disciplines: Animal Science and Dairy; Crop Science; Horticulture; Crop Production II; Animal Science II and Diploma in Agricultural Science of Rural Institute Amravati & Wardha
2. Bachelor of Science (Horticulture) and Bachelor of Science (Forestry)
Disciplines: Crop Science; Horticulture; Crop Production II; Diploma in Agricultural Sciences of Rural Institute Amravati & Wardha
3. Bachelor of Technology (Agricultural Engineering)
Disciplines: Electrical Maintenance; Mechanical Maintenance; General Civil Engineer; Farm Mechanic; Electronics; Workshop Technology and Engineering Technology; Elements of Mechanical Engineering and Elements of Civil Engineering
II.Post Graduate Courses:
1. Master of Sciences (Agriculture)
2. Master of Sciences (Horticulture)
3. Master of Sciences (Forestry)
4. Master of Sciences (Home Sciences)
5. Master of Sciences (Agricultural Biotechnology) and
6. Master of Sciences (Agricultural Engineering)
7. Master of Technology (Food Technology)
8. Master of Business Administration (Agriculture)
9. Master of Forestry Sciences
10. Master of Sciences (PHM) respectively
Eligibility for UG Courses:
The candidates should have passed Intermediate /Class 12th from Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education with the following subjects to be studied in the qualifying exam: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English respectively.
Eligibility for PG Courses:
The candidates should have graduated in the concerned discipline along with passing the Common Entrance Test (CET) from the state agricultural universities of Maharashtra or any other recognized agricultural university for this purpose.
For more details on Maharashtra Agricultural University Admissions, click here