Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Admission Forms 2014 for different courses available online
The Indian Statistical Institute is located in Kolkata as the leading Institute offering higher education in the following fields: Statistics, Mathematics, Quality, Reliability and Operations Research, Library and Information Science, Geology, Linguistics, Physics & Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science etc.
The Indian Institute of Statistics has been established by the Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis in the year 1931 as a Statistical Laboratory which later upgraded into a well known research and training institution in Statistics and other allied sciences.
Admission Details for Indian Statistical Institute:
The Institute follows the process of organizing the entrance tests for the admissions of candidates in its different programmes available in the Institute Campus. The candidates should however be eligible to enroll themselves in the concerned courses of the Institute. The candidates who qualify as per the eligibility conditions and the marks obtained in the Entrance Exams will be considered eligible for the final selection in the concerned courses of the university.
Courses of Indian Statistical Institute:
1. Under Graduate Degree Courses: B.Stat. (Hons.), B.Math. (Hons.)
2.Post Graduate Degree Courses: M.Stat, M.Math, MS (QE), MS (LIS), MS (QMS), M.Tech (CS), M.Tech (QROR)
3. Diploma /Certificate Courses: PG Diploma in Statistical Methods & Analytics, Part-Time Course in SQC
4. Fellowship Programmes: JRF/ SRF, Specialist Development Programme SQC & OR (SDP)
5. Doctoral Programmes: PhD/ D.Sc. in Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Quality, Reliability and Operations Research respectively.
Eligibility for Admissions:
1. Bachelor of Statistics Course: The applicants should be Intermediate with the following subjects- English and Mathematics or anything equivalent thereto
2. Masters of Statistics Course: The eligibility for admission to the Master of Statistics course is a three years graduation degree in either of the following BE/B.Tech in Statistics or B.Math degree from ISI or PG Diploma in Statistical Methods respectively.
Entrance Exam Centres of ISI:
Ahemadabad, Agartala, Burdwan, Bangaluru, Bhubaneswar, Balurghat, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Dibrugarh, Delhi, Durgapur, Guwahati, Guntur, Hyderabad, Imphal, Kharagpur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Mangalore, Nagpur, Nainital, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Siliguri, Shillong, Srinagar, Surat, Tezpur, Varanasi, Vishakhapatnam and Kolkata.
Date of Entrance Exam: 11th May 2014
Application Forms for ISI Admissions 2014:
The online application forms are available online at the website of the institute i.e. isical.ac.in. The online registration window closes after the date as specified for this purpose. The last date for payment of application fee for all the applicants through SBI Branches is 11th March 2014.