IBPS Exam Pattern 2014 Details of Eligibility & Selection for PO/ MT Job Posts
The IBPS (Indian Banking Personnel Selection) is the main authority for the selection and recruitment of eligible candidates in the different posts available in the Banking sector of the country. The IBPS organizes the tests and selection exams for almost all the scheduled public sector banks in India. The exam is popularly called as the CWE (Common Written Exam). The exam is held once a year in the months of October/ November months respectively. The exam is mostly conducted to hire eligible applicants in the following job profiles: PO (Probationary Officer)/ MT (Management Trainee), Clerks and RRB (Regional Rural Banks) posts –Office Assistants and other related posts respectively.
Name of Exam: Common Written Exam
Conducting Authority: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
Recruitment for: Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee
Eligibility for Exam:
The candidates should possess the following eligibility conditions as stated here below:
1. The applicant must be an Indian citizen /subject of Nepal/ subject of Bhutan/ Tibetan Refugee / person of Indian Domicile who has migrated to any foreign country
2. The applicants should be not less than 20 years and more than 28 years with effect from the date of closing applications
3. The candidates should have obtained at least 60% marks in any discipline fromUGC recognized universities/ colleges or any other equivalent educational qualification as recognized by the central government for this purpose
4. The candidates with a good knowledge of Computers. Those applicants who possess a Certificate/ Diploma /Degree in Computer Operations /Information Technology shall be given preference.
Paper Pattern for CWE (PO/ MT):
There shall be an online test conducted in objective modes with multiple choice based questions on the following main topics:
1. Reasoning (50 Marks)
2. English Language (40 Marks)
3. Qunatitative Aptitude (50 Marks)
4. General Awareness (questions related to Banking Industry) 40 Marks
5. Computer Knowledge (20 Marks)
Total Marks Allotted: 200
Duration of Exam: 2 Hours only
The candidates shall be penalized in the form of 0.25 marks deducted for each incorrect answers marked by the candidates. The questions left unattempted by the candidates will get no marks in the exam. The questions shall be worded in both the languages- English and Hindi respectively.
To get more details on the IBPS Exam Pattern, click here