(1) The average weight of 45 students in a class was calculated as 36 kgs, It was later found that the weight of two students in the class was wrongly mentioned . the actual weight of one of the boys in the class was 32 kgs. But it was mentioned as 34 kgs and the weight of another boy in class was 45 kgs whereas it was mentioned as 49 kgs, what is the actual average weight of the 45 students in the class ? ( Rounded off to two digits after decimal)
(a) 36.07 kgs. (b) 36.16 kgs. .(c) 35.84 kgs. (d) Can not be determined (e) None of these
(2) The average weight of agroup of 53 girls was calculated as 58 kgs. It was later discovered that the weight of one of the girls was read as 65 kgs, where as her actual weight was 45 kgs. What is the actual average weight of the group of 53 girls ( rounded off to two digits after decimal)
(a) 58.62 (b) 58.37 (c) 57.37 (d) 57.62 (e) None of these
(3) Seema’s present age is four times her son’s present age and four seventh of her father’s present age. The average of the present ages of all three of them is 32 years. What is the difference between the Seema’s son’s present age and Seema’s father’s present age?
(a) 44 years. (b) 48 years. (c) 46 years. (d) Can not be determined (e) None of these
(4) What is the average of the following set of numbers?
38, 92, 45, 25, 60
(a) 48 (b) 54 (c) 56 (d) 50 (e) None of these
(5) The average of four positive integers is 73.5. the highest integers is 108 and the lowet integer is 29. the difference between the remaining two integers is 15. Which of the following is the smaller of the remaining two integers?
(a) 80 (b) 86 (c) 73 (d) Can not be determined (e) None of these
(6) The average monthly income of a family of four earning members was Rs. 15130.. One of the daughters in the family got married and left home, so the average monthly income of the family came down to Rs. 14660. What is the monthly income of the married daughter?
(a) Rs. 15350 (b) Rs. 12000 (c) 16540 (d) Cannot be determined (e) None of these
(7) Prathik sold a music system to karthik at 20% gain and Karthik sold it to Swasthik at 40% gain. If Swasthik paid Rs. 10500 for the music system, what amount did Prathik pay for the same?
(a) Rs.8240 (b) Rs. 7500 (c) Rs.6250 (d) Can not be determined (e) None of these
(8) The cost of 5 pendants and 8 chains is Rs. 145785, What would be the cost of 15 pendants and 24 chains?
(a) Rs.325285 (b) Rs.439355 (c) Rs.550000 (d) Can not be determined (e) None of these
(9) In a sale, a perfume is available at a discount of 15% on the selling price. If perfume’s discounted selling price is Rs. 3675.40, what was the original selling price of the perfume ?
(a) Rs.4324 (b) Rs.4386 (c) Rs.4400 (d) Rs. 4294 (e) None of these
(10) What profit/loss per cent did Ravi earn if he purchased an item of Rs. 5600 and sold it at three – forth of its cost price?
(a) Loss of 20 percent (b) Gain of 25 percent
(c) Neither gain nor loss (d) Loss of 25 percent
(e) None of these
(11) The cost of 5 kgs of apple is Rs. 450 . The cost of 12 dozen mangoes is Rs. 4320 and the cost of 4 kgs. Of oranges is Rs. 240.What is the total cost of 8 kgs of apples, 8 dozens of mangoes and 8 kgs of oranges?
(a) Rs.4020 (b) Rs.4080 (c) Rs.4000 (d) Rs. 4050 (e) None of these
(12) The process of writing out computer instructions is known as _______________
(a) assembling (b) compiling (c) executing (d) coding (e) None of these
(13) A ________contains specific rules and words that express the logical steps of an algorithm.
(a) programming language (b) programming structure
(c) syntax (d) logic chart (e) None of these
(14) ________________is a set if keywords, Symbols and a system of rules for constructing statements by which humans can communi-cate the instructions to be executed by a computer.
(a) A computer program (b) A programming language
(c) An assembler (d) Syntax (e) None of these
(15) ________is the process of finding errors in software code.
(a) Compiling (b)Assembling
(c) Interpreting (d) Debugging (e) None of these
Answer : (1) A (2) D (3) B (4) E (5) E (6) C (7) C (8) E (9) A (10) D (11) B (12) D (13) B (14) A (15) D