CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology Admission 2014-15
The CSIR CCMB welcomes applicants for admissions in the Ph.D Programme for its upcoming academic year 2014-15 as per notification no- 1/2014. Therefore, all candidates are advised to go through the particulars given on our site and apply before the last date of 5th May, 2014. This admission notice has already been published on ccmb.res.in. The University offers many research programmes at its centre. The chief research areas which are offered here are:-
-Biology of Cells and Sub cellular Complexes
-Protein and Macromolecular Assemblies
-Genetic Analysis and Genomics
-Biology of Plant Development and Disease
-Molecular Basis of Infection and Disease
-Evolutionary biology and wildlife conservation
Applicants must be in possession of their Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine/ Pharmacy / Engineering OR Master’s degree in any field of Science with a valid National level fellowship or any other equivalent fellowship. A valid Fellowship is the most important requirement for admissions in the Ph.D programme at this centre. Also, candidates must not exceed the age limitation of 28 years (as on 5th May, 2014) for applying.
The selection of applicants will be based entirely on their performance in a Written Test, Interview and Group Discussion. All these admission tests will be held at CCMB Hyderabad. Applicants, who do not succeed in these Exams, would not be entitled for admission.
Online Application Instructions:
Keen and qualified aspirants may proceed for online application for admission by simply following the below given set of instructions:
1. Log on to ccmb.res.in, and select the link for “CCMB PhD Program – Notification No: 1/2014” available on the right sidebar of the homepage.
2. Go through all the details given on the page carefully and then click on “Apply Online”.
3. Enter all the details in this system generated application form with accurate information and submit it.
4. If required, upload a scanned copy of your latest photo and signature and submit the page again.
5. Take a preview of the completed form, and get a hard copy printed out of it for further use.
5th May, 2014 : Closing date for submitting online applications
11th June, 2014 : Scheduled date for Written Exam
12th & 13th June, 2014 : Scheduled date for Personal Interview
14th June, 2014 : Scheduled date for Discussions