Common Admission Test Exam 2013
About Common Admission Test 2013: Common Admission Test (CAT) is an all India management test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance exam for the management programes of its seven business schools (IIMA, IIMB, IIMC, IIML, IIMK and many other managemnt institue).
Common Admission Test 2013 Eligibility:
Candidates who are in the Final Year of Graduation are eligible to appear for CAT Exam.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA)categories], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree.
Common Admission Test 2013 Paper Pattern:
The duration of the exam will be for 2 hours and 30 minutes including initial 15 minute tutorial.
No breaks will be given during the test. The test consists of questions that evaluate a candidate’s quantitative, verbal, and logical & data interpretation abilities. Therefore, there are a total of three sections in the test. There will be about 60 questions in the test.
In CAT exam, candidate will be provided with a computer terminal and he/she will be provided with a scratch paper for calculations. After the test, candidate must leave the scratch paper at the desk. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper/sheet, as nothing will be allowed inside the testing room.
CAT Exam 2013 Syllabus
Common Admission Test 2013 Syllabus
* Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc)
* Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations
* Quadratic and linear equations
* Profit & Loss
* Averages, Percentages, Partnership
* Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time
* Number system: HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS
* Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns
* Simple Interest & Compound Interest
* Set Theory, Venn Diagram
* Instalment Payments, Partnership, Clocks
* Probability, Permutations & Combinations
Data Interpretation(DI) & Logical Reasoning
* Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. visit tutorial»
* Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc.
* Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
* Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
Comprehension of passage, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Mood, Conditionals & Multiple Usage , Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verb etc.