(1) The difference between a number and one fifth of it is 84.What is the number?
(a) 95 (b) 100 (c) 105 (d) 108 (e) 112
(2) Kishan has some hens and some cows. If the total number of animal beads are 59 and the total number of feet are 190, how many cows does Kishan have ?
(a) 36 (b) 32 (c) 23 (d) Cannot be determined (e) None of these
(3) Gopal has some hens and some goats. If the total number of animal heads are 43 and total number of feet are 142, how many hens does Gopal have ?
(a) 28 (b) 21 (c) 15 (d) Cannot be determined (e) None of these
(4) The difference between a two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the two digits of the number is 9. The sum the digits of the number is 15. What is the product of the two digits of the two-digit number ?
(a) 54 (b) 72 (c) 56 (d)Cannot be determined (e) None of these
(5) The number obtained by interchanging the two digit of a two digit number is less than the original number by 18. The sum of the two digits of the number is 16. What is the original number ?
(a) 97 (b) 87 (c) 79 (d) Cannot be determined (e) None of these
(6) A student score 64% marks in 6 papers of 150 marks each. He scores 25% of his total obtained marks in Hindi and English together. How much is his total score for both these papers?
(a) 120 (b) 124 (c) 140 (d) 144 (e) None of these
(7) Sumit obtained a total of 1012 marks out of 1150 in an examination. What is his percentage in the examination?
(a) 86 (b) 88 (c) 84 (d) 90 (e) None of these
(8) 570 % of ? = 377910
(a) 64900 (b) 66300 (c) 64100 (d) 65600 (e) None of these
(9) The population of town is 198000. it increases by 7% in the 1st year and decreases by 5% in the 2nd year .What is the population of the town at the end of 2 years?
(a) 211860 (b) 201267 (c) 222453 (d) 198900 (e) None of these
(10) The deference between 38% of a number and 24% of the same number is 135.10. What is 40% of that number?
(a) 394 (b) 370 (c) 378 (d) 386 (e) None of these
(11) Which of the following concerts all the statements in a program in a single batch and the resulting collection of instructions is placed in a new file.
(a) compiler (b) interpreter
(c) converter (d) instruction (e) None of these
(12) After a user has modified and / or deleted many files, many scattered areas of stored data remain that are too small to be used efficiently, causing_______
(a) disorder (b) turmoil
(c) disarray (d) fragmentation (e) None of these
(13) Another word for software is ____________
a) input (b) output
(c) program (d) system (e) None of these
(14) To access a mainframe or supercomputer, users often use a ……………….
(a) terminal (b) node (c) desktop
(d) handheld (e) None of the above
(15) What characteristic of read-pnly memory (ROM) makes it useful?
(a) ROM information can be easily updated
(b) ROM provides very large amounts of inexpensive data
(c) Data in ROM is nonvolatile, that is, it remains there even without electrical power.
(d) ROM chips are easily swapped between different brands of computers
(e) None of these
Answer : (1) C (2) A (3) C (4) C (5) A (6) D (7) B (8) B (9) B (10) D (11) B (12) D (13) C (14) A (15) C