Bombay University Admission Form 2014-15
The University of Mumbai, formerly known as Bombay University, invites applications in the months of March-April from aspiring students from all over the world for admissions in regular Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses in a variety of streams at the University departments, authorized institutions and affiliated colleges for the new academic year 14-15. The University will be publishing the official advertisement and application links on its web portal shortly. The academic year will be commencing from the month of June. The major Faculties in which courses are offered in Mumbai University are as follows:
-Faculty of Arts
-Faculty of Commerce
-Faculty of Science
-Faculty of Law
-Faculty of Technology
-Faculty of Fine Art
-Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL)
-Garware Institute of Career Education and Development
For B.A Courses- Aspirants should have cleared their Intermediate (10+2) Exam from The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (or equivalent) with English and any one Modern Indian/ Foreign Language or IT as compulsory subjects.
For 5 Years Integrated Programme- Aspirants should have cleared their Intermediate (10+2) Exam from The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (or equivalent).
For M.A. Courses– Aspirants should be qualified with a B.A. Degree of this University or any other equivalent University.
Procedure of Admission:
i.) All keen aspirants are supposed to Apply for Admissions in their preferred course of study through Online or Offline mode at the primary phase of admission procedure.
ii.) After successful completion of application process, the faculty does the screening of applications and calls these applicants for the Entrance exams held at various centers conducted by the University of Mumbai.
iii.) The university management in the end chooses applicants for counseling on the basis of their attainment in the written entrance exam.
Instructions for applying online:
1. Visit the Mumbai University’s official web portal i.e. mum.digitaluniversity.ac home page and click on “Pre- Admission Online Registration”.
2. Select the link for “Apply Online” on this page after reading all the details provided.
3. Click on “Proceed” only if you have a scanned copy of your recent color passport photo & signature, a valid mail ID, mark sheets of previous exams and other necessary documents.
4. Enter your accurate details in the relevant fields on the next page and click on “Register”.
5. You will receive a SMS on your mobile in a couple of minutes notifying your verification code and a link. You cannot continue with the process until you receive this verification code.
6. Follow the instructions carefully given thereon and submit the form.
7. Upload your scanned copy of photo and signature and proceed.
8. Take a print out of this system generated form and retain it carefully for further use.
The University of Mumbai, once known as University of Bombay is one of the most ancient and leading Universities of the country. Founded in 1857, as the outcome of “Wood’s Education Dispatch”, it is among the earliest 3 Indian Universities. The name of the University was modified from “University of Bombay” to “University of Mumbai” on 4th September, 1996 as a consequence of the modification in the name of the city from Bombay to Mumbai.