(1) The driver of a car diving @ 376 km/hr locates a bus 40 meters ahead of him. After 20 seconds the bus is 60 meters behind . the speed of the bus is:
(a) 36 kmph (b) 20 m/scc.
(c) 72 m/scc.. (d) 18 kmph . (e) None of these
(2) Two trains 100 meters and 120 meters long are running in the same directions with speed of 72 km/hr and 54 km./hr. in how much time will the first train cross the second?
(a) 50 Sec.. (b) 44 Sec.
(c) 38 Sec. . (d) 42 Sec. . (e) None of these
(3) A train overtakes two persons walking along a railway track. The first one walks at 4.5 km.hr . the other one walks at 5.4 km/hr. the train needs 8.4 and 8.5 seconds respectively to overtake them, What is the speed of the train if both the persons are walking in the same direction as the train?
(a) 66 km/h.. (b) 72 km/h.
(c) 78 km/h.. . (d) 81 km/h.. . (e) None of these
(4) A train 100 meter long takes 3 second to cross a man walking at the rate of 6km/hr in a direction opposite to that of the train. Find the speed of the train.
(a) 94 m/s (b) 100 m/s
(c)110 m/s (d) 108 m/s (e) None of these
(5) Subbu starts from a point O at 10.00 am , overtakes Ajay, who is moving in the same direction, at 11.00 a.m. and Bhuvan moving in the opposite direction at 12.00 (noon). If the speed of Bhuvan is one fourth the speed of Subbu, at what time will Ajay and Bhuvan cross each other.
(a) 1: 30 pm. (b) 2:pm
(c) 2:30 pm. (d) Can not be determined (e) None of these
(6) Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternately. Then the tank will be full in:
(a) 6 hrs. (b) 6 hrs (c) 7 hrs (d) 7 hrs. (e) None of these
(7) Two pipes A and B when working alone can fill a tank in 36 minutes and 45 minutes respectively. A waste pipe C can empty the tank in 30 minutes.First A and B are opened After 7 minutes. C is also opened . In How much time will the tank be full ?
(a)1/60 (b) 1/30 (c) 7/20 (d) 13/20 (e) None of these
(8) Asmita invests an amount of Rs. 9535 at the rate of 4 per cent per annum to obtain a total amount of Rs. 11442 on simple interest after a certain period. For how many years did she invest the amount to obtain the total sum?
(a) 10 years (b) 2 years (c) 5 years (d) 4years (e) None of these
(9) Ms. Neelam deposits an amount of Rs. 16420 at simple interest and obtained 25451 at the end of 5 years. What was the rate of interest per year?
(a) 10.5% (b) 13% (c) 12.5% (d) 11% (e) None of these
(10) What would be the simple interest obtained on an amount of Rs. 3460 at the rate of 8.5 per cent per annum after 6 years?
(a) Rs. 1746 (b) Rs. 1764.6 (c) Rs.1766 (d) Rs.1756.4 (e) None of these
(11) Girish invested a certain amount at the rate of 8% p.a. for 6 year to obtain an amount of Rs. 28046.How much amount did Girish obtain as simple interest?
(a) Rs. 12550 (b) Rs. 9096 (c) Rs.18950 (d).Cannot be determined (e) None of these
(12) What amount of compound interest can be obtained on an amount of Rs. 4500 at the rate of 4% p.a. at the end of 2 years?
(a) Rs. 360 (b) Rs.358.40 (c) Rs.367.20 (d) Rs.350 (e) None of these
(13) Ms. Maya deposits an amount of Rs. 17800 and obtained Rs. 31684 at the end of 6 years. What was the rate of simple interest per year?
(a) 14.5 (b) 11 (c) 12.5 (d) 13 (e) None of these
(14) What would be the simple interest obtained on an amount of Rs. 5580 at the rate of 6.5 % p.a. after 5 years?
(a) Rs. 684 (b) Rs. 689 (c) Rs.645 (d) Rs.698 (e) None of these
(15) Ms. Anurag Awasthi deposits an amount of Rs. 56500 to obtain a simple interest at the rats of 12% p.a. for 3 years. What total amount will Mr. Anurag Awasthi get at the end of 3 year?
(a) Rs. 1825 (b) Rs. 1813.50 (c) Rs.1827.50 (d) Rs.1819 (e) None of these
Answer : (1) D (2) B (3) D (4) A (5) D (6) C (7) A (8) C (9) D (10) B (11) B (12) C (13) D (14) B (15) C